Tuesday, March 12, 2024

NIGHT AT THE OSCARS

 


I am coming in first with my favourite gown of the Oscars, 2024.

Black and White, simple and sculptural, this was a stand out.

I had a rare opportunity to stay home and watch the entire proceedings, which is in the middle of the day here in Australia.

Margot Robbie

Things have changed.  There was a lot of black...

And shine, and neutrals...




I do not know most of these ladies, but this is Anya Taylor-Joy in a very sparkly, mermaid-type creation..  


Rita Morena gives hope to all of us Senior Ladies, so chic...

Reader, she is 92!  


Charlize Thereon is always elegant.  A new twist on oyster satin...


I rather like Jennifer Lawrence's b/w spot, a fresh take with unusual shoulder treatment.


This lady is lovely.  I really want to see Killers of the Flower Moon.

You know I always love the pink looks - well this one certainly made up for the lack of pink in 2024...


And another award for this brave combo of red and deep pink.

Plus very puffy sleeves.  Seems I can wear my puff sleeve dresses for another season or two...


Lapita is always beautifully gowned..


A butterfly..

A touch of gleaming pink..


Elegant and on-trend..


And no, just no.  

We are not going to hoik our shoulders up into the air..

Not ever...


At last, a flutter of Barbie pink.  Poor Barbie missed out ..

Never mind Margot, it was great while the fun lasted.



Well that just about sums it up.

See you next year!


XXXX













15 comments:

  1. Yes, Trish. I'm in agreement that Carey Mulligan's b/w gown by Balenciaga is stunning - seems like everyone is calling her a winner in that department! Of course she's a great actress too.
    Personally I loved Jamie Lee Curtis in her plain black column gown and awesome earrings and bracelet - perfect on her, a woman who is totally natural when it comes to aging 'naturally' with her short silver hair, little make-up, and accepting wrinkles and making them something not to be consumed by like most of the Hollywood set! Kinda like Dame Judi Dench and a few others in our age group, haha!
    Hope life is good dear Trish X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I forgot Jamie Lee Curtis, who did make a striking figure. She is an excellent role model. I missed Dame Judi and Helen Mirren this year :) x

      Delete
  2. I can always count on you to see The Oscars fashion, Patricia. I used to watch them many years ago, but it's been a few years now. Some of these dresses are so elegant and pretty, yet some are over the top, like the all pink puffy sleeves. I do like that Barbie pink though. And I'm with you on the first black and white. It's just right, and so elegant. Thanks for sharing these outfits with us from time to time. I really enjoy these posts. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in the modern world, so many fashions are very over the top. If fact, quite a few were downright vulgar! Fifty or more years ago, they were very elegant affairs indeed. Glad you enjoyed the post, as I enjoy putting it together.

      Delete
  3. Since I never watch the Oscars, but am interested in the fashion, it's always great to see posts like this. Some gorgeous gowns and some that make me wonder how one walks and moves in them. The first black and white dress is utterly elegant. Thanks for sharing (and for watching).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today's designers do seem to want to create some very odd outfits indeed, strange shapes and baring far too much skin! I think we all like Carey Mulligan's dress, a triumph in style and elegance.

      Delete
  4. Trish, we are once again in agreement on our favorites. It seems like there was more originality this year, which I find refreshing and in some ways a throwback to years past. Not long ago attendees wore their own clothes from their own closets instead of having stylists and gowns lent to them by designers. So less of a business stance or seriousness and more personal likes. I'm sure this year the attendees still had stylists and lent gowns, but they seemed to have more fun and still look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was different this year, I agree. It was less of an extravaganza than, say the Met Gala. We do seem to agree on the best gowns, don't we. Twins, lol!

      Delete
  5. Oh Trish, I can't imagine how any of them even move, let alone raise their arms in these gowns. They look marvellous, but surely they have to lift everything off the ground before moving anywhere. Fashion fascinates me, but these sorts of gowns are mostly so impractical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, one really wonders. I suppose they have lots of handmaidens to help them? It is all very theatrical and far removed from reality, isn't it.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful recap my dear! Well done! Big hugs to you from Southern California!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamera. Big hugs back to you from Sunny Queensland! x

      Delete
  7. "And no, just no". Oh, you made me laugh! I am in total agreement, why would anyone want their dress straps up in the air? I love pretty dresses SO MUCH and I love your take on them, my dear! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate the clarity and simplicity with which you convey complex ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Trish! I love how you always do these glam recaps. I loved that dress you loved too. So pretty. And I loved all of the pink so much too - one of my favorite colors. :) I did not like Emily Blunt's weird shoulder dress either. Lol Don't want to encourage that trend. Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete