Monday, September 23, 2024

REFLECTIONS


 We are missing our three smallest grandchildren, who are on holiday in Ireland, the home country of their mother.

I have been looking at pictures from our journey to the Emerald Isle eight years ago for the wedding of our son and his Irish lass.

The above photo was my first ever sighting of a primrose and  shamrocks, which you can see in the grass.  We had arrived at the beautiful area of their wedding venue, South of Dublin in County Wexford.  

I recently learnt that my Irish forebears came from a little West of this location, in Kilkenny.

We trust the little family is having a grand time getting acquainted with  their Irish kinfolk.  Gorgeous photos have been seen...


I saw this picture online, a map of Australia superimposed over Europe.

We tend to forget the vastness of our continent, as most of its centre is desert, or semi-desert.  It is hard to imagine all those European countries plus the U.K. and the North Sea would fit into our land mass!

The Red Cardinals live on the yellow (Russian) area, East of Kiev and a bit further North.  Brisbane is on the Pacific coast.



Seen on my daily walk:

Two wild ducks, paddling in our shallow local creek.

It is very dry these days, and the creek will dry up soon if we do not get a bit of rain.


As usual I checked out the photos from the Emmys.

Meryl Street looks lovely in her pink pants suit.

I would enjoy wearing this, although not sure to what event!


This is old-school elegance on Naomi Watts..


Reece Weatherspoon, growing up gracefully...

I do enjoy seeing the fashions on the older women.

Recently, there have been attempts to get 'back into sewing' at the Red Cardinal nest.
Old patterns have been donated as they no longer fit my ageing body.
I am testing a 'Curvy Petite' pattern which I bought online from the US.
So far it is looking promising....


I bought this silky rayon fabric from Big Spot, the only remaining fabric store on our side of Brisbane. (I know, so disappointing and shocking).

Remember this is the Tropics, and in the next few months, it will become very hot indeed.  I plan to make palazzo pants and a sleeveless top to get me through the Summer.

I wear a lot of neutrals, but now and then my inner heart escapes to the bright and dramatic...




The first bud, full of promise for our annual display of blue Agapanthus.

(The Jacaranda is also covered in buds as we speak...)




Spring and Summer are well underway at our nest.

Do you stitch and sew too?  I'd love to know...

Have a great week

XXXX


PS I paper collaged an old school case from my children (which has held Lego for years).  A Parisian theme sprang to mind :)

   






   






No comments:

Post a Comment