Wednesday, September 14, 2011

TO COLOUR OR NOT TO COLOUR


Change is ahappening in the Red Cardinal Nest.
The bright Kaffe Fassett quilt has been sidelined from the bedroom,
and replaced with elegant white bed linen from Target (40% off!).
At this stage, seriously undercushioned, but Watch This Space.

On the other hand, it is time to review the neutrals in which I have been seen for the past several months.
Over on the Fabulous Faux Fuchsia blog, Colour-Blocking has been under discussion.
Now, I love colour a lot, but have tended to put just one bright piece with black, white or navy.
While the summer dress-making project moves at a snails pace,
today I tried a little colour-block experimentation with what is already here:

 Dare I wear my yellow linen shirt with purple, turquoise or orange tops?


I think I like these two together...

 What about my fuchsia pink linen skirt, with these colours:


Have you been listening to the just-released Jackie tapes?  What fascinating glimpses into her world.
I was just a little kid when I became a Jackie fan. 
My mother used to say that Jackie would "go down in history" .... and she has.
Jackie's style knew no bounds, and she certainly knew how to work her colours.
She always looked fantastic in pink or yellow:



Wasn't it great to see a couple of her gowns here in Brisbane last year at the Valentino Exhibition?


Enjoy a Colourful Springtime...

1 comment:

  1. I love the new bed linen Patricia. White with black toned cushions is timeless and hey that's a great price reduction.
    Hmmm colour blocking, I think by the time I branch out and experiment this trend will be done and dusted. The combinations you've chosen are striking.
    Oh Jackie O. I was reading a report today re the tapes and she's ruffled some feathers with her rather candid descriptions of prominent figures back in the day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete