Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Weekend in Toronto






Way back in 1999 we visited Toronto to see our daughter and meet her future husband.  Since then they have married, lived in Sydney and in the UK, had two boys and live and work in Ottawa.
And now we were back in Toronto for a little catch up.

The TN tower is still there, much less dominant on the city skyline.  We did not go up this time - been there and done that. 







The guys went to a ball game at the Stadium while I went with my daughter to the Art Gallery of Ontario.
We concentrated on historical Canadian art including the Group of Seven and had a delicate afternoon tea of tiny scones with fresh made berry jam.  


A poor bird left this little blue egg on the concrete windowsill of our hotel room.  Six floors up in a stark courtyard!  So sad.



On Sunday we all went to a matinée performance of Hamilton.  It was a great production and the kids are just old enough to enjoy the rap music and understand the story of the founding fathers of the United States.  I enjoyed learning more history and the singers were excellent.  But I don’t like the noisy beat of Rap music. Oh dear :)

It was Mother’s Day and we had a little dinner date at the Toronto International Film Festival centre which was near the hotel.
My daughter gave me a bee brooch.







We travelled to and from Toronto by train which took 4-5 hours.  On the way home we took pictures of picturesque Ontario barns and churches.  I will try drawing and painting them when we go home.

I am having quite a random time trying to place and post pictures!  Enjoy, and I hope it is not confusing.
Til next time
Xxxx



13 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures. You handle the camera well. The two of you look right at home there. Beautiful pin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a wonderful time with our daughter and her family. Every simple pleasure is very special indeed.

      Delete
  2. Looks like it was a wonderful mother's day - I love Hamilton! I want to go to Toronto one day. It looks so cool! I have been to Ottawa and loved it! ;) Love your brooch- soooo cute! Thanks for sharing and continue to enjoy sweet Trish. 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie, Toronto is big and amazing. I hope you go there one day, it is not so far from you. :) xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time in Toronto...enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hostess. We are back in Ottawa enjoying family life with our daughter and grandsons. The lilacs came out over the weekend and are so fragrant and beautiful.

      Delete
  4. A lovely post, Trish. I enjoyed seeing all your photos. Toronto is huge, so I imagine you only scratched a small surface of it, but lovely to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to see your views of Toronto. We're going there in June; our first trip to the city. I love the Group of Seven artists - so uniquely Canadian. Enjoy each day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to visit Toronto, I've heard great things. So nice to see your photos and follow your adventures.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are always so wonderful. I must say that the photo of the egg is sad but also very beautiful. The first time I heard rap music...and I think it was 1985 in London...I thought to myself that is something I can't see myself ever enjoying. I have tried to listen to it, to keep up with the times but....nope, not gonna happen!😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Canada Day from Georgia if you are still there. Close to our 4th of July coming up. Looks like you're having a lot of fun. Still, be safe in your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope all is well my dear Trish! Miss you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad that you were able to view the work of the Group of Seven, arguably the most iconic of all Canadian artists. At the McMichael Gallery in Kleinburg, just northwest of Toronto, they have a comprehensive collection of Group of Seven paintings. If ever you make it back this way again it’s well worth a visit.

    ReplyDelete