Thursday, September 21, 2023

THE LAST TIME I SAW PARIS, AND OTHER MUSING

 


Ooh, la la, doesn't Queen Camilla look incredible, on Their Majesties first official visit to France since the Coronation...

Pictured outside the Palace of Versailles, with Prime Minister Macron and Madame Macron before the official dinner...

Camilla looks regal and glamorous in navy Dior, with the fabulous King George VI Sapphire Suite of jewels.   Her hair looks different, and I think it suits her well.


On arrival in Paris, Camilla was chic in pastel pink, with a sweet beret-style matching hat..


I think every woman feels a desire to be chic when in Paris...



Springtime bees among the flowers outside the Red Cardinal Chateau...

It was 36C here this afternoon, a record breaking all-time high temperature for a September Spring..

Fortunately, a cool wind has blown up tonight....


I went looking for old pictures of myself in Paris.
This was in 2008.  I no longer recognize this woman...


2014: With Mona Lisa.
Clearly having a Bad Hair day...


Maybe having a thing for French stripes...


Buying hats in Nice, 2019.  We did not see Paris on that trip.


Dinner on the beach, Nice.


It seems unlikely we will ever travel to France again, but you never know.  Airfares from Australia to anywhere are now astronomical, and we are planning to close our family business and retire completely next year.  It is both exciting and a bit daunting.  Mr. Red Cardinal is already decluttering his office....


Keep cool, wherever you are.  
It seems the world is quite the hot place these days.

XXXXX


















14 comments:

  1. Hat-wearing in hot summer weather is essential, both to protect the skin and to look like a handsome tourist. The white hat you bought in Nice looks very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hels, that white hat was indeed a favourite until it ended up being played with by grandchildren!

      Delete
  2. Camilla looks lovely, but she's got nothing on you tres chic Lady you. :) Love the hat! 😍 I hope you get to travel to France again if you want to dear Trish. I hope you're staying cool and have a blessed weekend ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you Carrie, you are very sweet. It is cool again today - what crazy weather! I am baking cookies.... xxx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing you over the years in Paris - I was once a regular visitor to Paris for many many years, but sadly will probably never visit again. My husband worked in Paris often and I would go with him and then my eldest son lived there too with his family but has now has returned back home.
    Your weather is too, too, hot for me, but I know that you have air conditioning which is must make a difference for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful, to visit Paris regularly in that way. It was the same for me when we had children in Sydney. I went there all the time, but we have not returned since our son moved his family back to Brisbane. Actually we only have air conditioning in a couple of rooms but not ducted throughout. Our house was not designed for it. I just rearrange my routine to keep in the cool parts :) Holidays in cooler climes always appeal to me too.

      Delete
  5. I wonder if I'll ever get back to Paris also, Trish. Hope so!

    Queen Camilla looks great in hats and tiaras. She has the hair for them, but I've read she only wears tiaras out of duty and is at heart an outdoors person, not someone who desires all the jewelry and attention. I think she's a spectacular Queen in spite of her natural leanings.

    When we travel to cities like Paris, we're always in sneakers to be all the walking, so the best look I can achieve is casual smart. Chic is so difficult to pair with sneakers I find. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sneakers is the way when travelling, definitely. I think you are right about Camilla, who was very much at home in the country with her horses - until she married a King-in-waiting. I think she has done incredibly well for someone in her mid 70s. Her headwear is great, including the tiaras. Wouldn't it be great to go to Paris and meet up? I hope you get back there one day; it is a quick flight for you compared to over 24 hours which is the trip from Australia.

      Delete
    2. I'd love to meet up one day anywhere, but Paris would indeed be the most fun. See we already have so much in common. :)

      Delete
  6. I loved seeing the photos of you in your chic outfits in Paris. I'd love to visit the city again, but don't know if I will. For now, I'm very happy to stay home for awhile after our long trip across Canada.
    I hope the heat doesn't become unbearable for you. The world does seem to be getting so much warmer.
    I thought Queen Camilla's navy gown perfect for the occasion. The colour and cut really suited her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lorrie, I am glad you are happily back home now. What a long trip you had! We will manage the heat, and have our own strategies for those extra heat waves. I do worry a bit about forest fires if they come near us, but fingers crossed. It has rained this week, which is most welcome.

      Delete
  7. Oh Trish, what lively photos of you in France over the years. I love the one of dinner in Nice. You look so happy! That’s quite a statement about not going to France again. It makes me sad because it increases the doubt that I will ever meet you anywhere, as I’d hoped to do one day. But you’re right. Air fares are crazy and if you’re retiring completely, that will make a difference. At least we can still keep in contact via our blogs, which is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete