Sunday, June 21, 2020

THE WORLD IS AWAKENING





Happy Sunday from the Red Cardinal...

and also the new Blogger, which I hope to master before Old Blogger disappears at the end of June.  Thank you to all the alert fellow bloggers who provided a warning that change was afoot.  Being something of a Luddite, I tend to ignore anything technical until absolutely forced to confront it...


Here at the Red Cardinal nest, cooler weather promotes some pretty flowers, and the roses are all doing nicely.
We have spent the lock-down months working on some neglected areas of our garden, refreshing with new plants and ideas.
Our first venture into growing a few vegetables, albeit in pots, has provided us with a few delicious lettuce - and we await some action from the tomato plants which appear to be flourishing.  
(The less said about the fly infestation on the capsicum plants the better).


There have been more expeditions to go walking by the Bay.


The Port of Brisbane seen across the water from Woody Point



I liked this piece of public art, featuring newspaper pictures from the past.
Remember making paper boats just like this?


Mr Red Cardinal surveys the sea from Scott's Point, 
where he went camping as a boy.


Lots of pretty sunrises lately...


Last weekend we went walking beside an upstream park on the Brisbane River.
There were swans...

With art work to match:


Queensland has done very well in containing the Covid19 virus -
strict border controls, and probably our open spaces and mild climate come into this.  Everyone has played their part to the best of their ability.

To date, there have been 1,066 confirmed cases and 6 deaths in Queensland, and currently 3 active cases.

The Art Gallery where I work as a guide opens this week, and I am looking forward to seeing new exhibitions and eventually getting back to working there.
Everything will be different - timed and ticketed entry, advance bookings, small tour groups socially distanced, hand sanitizing facilities, and so on.

These methods are being engaged already in cafes (maximum 20 persons), churches (advance reservations, limited numbers, socially distancing, and no singing) and gyms.  Mr Cardinal and I have just returned to our personal gyms and are impressed with the care and attention to detail in order to prevent contamination between clients and staff.

How is your city planning these matters?
I'd love to hear what other places are doing...

  
The Royal family have of course been isolating too...
Happy 99th Birthday to HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh...



Looking very dapper with Her Majesty by his side at Windsor Castle...

They are amazing for a couple in their nineties...


I loved this very recent picture of the Queen exercising on her pony at Windsor...

It must be the secret of a long and healthy life....


Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge has returned to work and her first excursion was to a Garden Centre.  I think we can all cheer for that...

She told the staff about the gardening efforts of her children during her recent times in isolation at Amner Hall, their country home.  They are growing vegetables from seeds, and been very excited to see them grow.
I know just how they feel :)



Our personal jungle during a recent storm...

Well I seem to have gotten through putting together a post using the new Blogger format.  Now it remains to be seen if I can publish it successfully.

Meantime, here's a cute photo just released of the Cambridge children, having a perfectly lovely Summer day with their Dad:



Stay well and stay safe

XXXX




27 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia lovely post I enjoyed reading through it ,love the pic of Prince William with his children ,I have never seen pic before ,Thankyou for sharing it,stay safe my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, the photo is a new one, released today to mark Prince William's birthday (not sure how old he is). Glad you enjoyed; I am leading a very quiet life these days :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done so well with the virus compared to Blighty, where lack of joined-up thinking from the government has resulted in shameful statistics. Our household is still in isolation, although we hope to meet up with family next weekend, all being well. We are eating fruit and veg from the garden now, sun and rain combining to make everything grow like mad!
    A happy picture of Prince William for Fathers' Day, he seems a very caring young man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad to see the stats coming from the UK. Lack of joined-up thinking has caused problems here too, but overall we have done well. Sadly Victoria is now seeing a spike in cases, so it is not over yet. Love that you have both fruit and veg from the garden; England has the best gardens!

      Delete
  4. Lovley post, your jungle looks inviting with rain.

    Here in Vermont, the lawns are drying up from lack of rain. I see more people out, and feel a less somber atmosphere overall. Vermont has done well keeping the number of cases down.
    I wish you well returning to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear Vermont has kept cases down. I worry so much about our daughter and family in adjacent Ontario - their cases seem very scary to me compared to here. New York state is only an hour from their home. Thank you for dropping by, I am looking forward to seeing the gallery again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done with your gardening efforts....your roses are so pretty. I hope you enjoy being back guiding. Lovely shots of the bay.....so many lovely spots round our bay. I do hope we can keep our numbers down....Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do love that old pink rose. It gives so much as long as we keep up the water. I am sure I will enjoy getting back to guiding, but I know there will be a steep learning curve first! take care xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely to hear you're getting out and about more, Patricia. I love your photos and the views across the bay look wonderful. How lovely to be going to museums again. It sounds as if Queensland's got the situation well under control. That's comforting for you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to get out in the Winter sunshine, my favourite time of year. I am very happy the statistics in Qld are so low, but of course younger generations are not so happy because borders are still closed. So hard to please all the people all the time :)

      Delete
  8. Our county has had no new cases for almost two weeks and no deaths for almost 3 weeks. However, I don't think there is room for complacency until a vaccine is available worldwide.
    We are having our first outing tomorrow - the National Trust have opened up their parks and gardens, but you have to book online, you can't just turn up. We are really looking forward to doing something different for the first time since March.
    What is the bird on the photo of the Port of Brisbane?
    By the way Prince William is 38.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good to hear Rosemary - we keep getting gloom and doom on the media. How beautiful to have your first outing to a park/garden. I think outdoor things are the best, with fresh air around us. The bird is a Welcome Swallow which likes a habitat near water hence is sitting on the pole at a beach. I like its red throat :)

      Delete
  9. What a charming walk by the ocean. It really appealed to me. I have been landlocked for too long! I am glad that Qld. has been dealing with the virus well - I wish I could say the same about the UK but our prime minister doesn't seem to have a single idea of his own, it's as if he has given up! It must be fantastic to go to museums again! it seems like forever ago that they closed, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have enjoyed our weekend walks very much. I feel safer in the open air, as more information seems to show that breathing the expelled air of others can be so dangerous. The Covid19 is still around, and we must take care. We get a lot of UK news and your UK is frequently on our breakfast TV. Hope it all ends soon. Can't wait to see the art museum for the first time on Thursday.

      Delete
    2. Your flowers are looking good, Trish! Love the black swans (reminds me of the ballet) and your shore, where Mr. C is standing.

      I'm happy for the Queen and Prince, that they continue to have each other. They still seem to be in reasonably good health, a true blessing.

      Delete
    3. Yes, it is so good the Queen still has her Prince as they isolate at Windsor castle. It must keep her going these days. Yes, black swan ballet - I have seen Swan Lake a few times, and loved it!

      Delete
  10. Hi PAtricia...
    Glad to hear you and Hubby are doing well...
    Things are progressively opening up here in Ontario...not really thrilled, I am NOT going anywhere! I see this am, that Manitoba, who opened up way before Ontario, has seen a spike, and is closing patios etc...not sure if the Politicians are more worried about the economy, or the loves of people!
    I have seen my kids and grands...but nobody else...only venture to the grocery store...masked...every couple of weeks...the US is just darn scary...I sure hope we keep our borders closed!!
    your pics are lovely...enjoy your Winter...as I am sure you know from your daughter, we are sweltering here...very unusual for this time of year...
    Take care...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. Well done for staying home. I am pretty much doing the same, and have just refused an invitation for brunch with ten people I do not know very well. Too risky. I did not know about Manitoba, but sounds the same as is happening in Melbourne. The US sure is scary, I worry the border is only an hour drive from our daughter - hope the germs don't fly! I notice it looks hot in daughter's photos - they have been doing weekend hikes in the bush, staying away from people but getting the boys out for good exercise. Take care. :)

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patricia, your home grown tomatoes will be nice when they ripen. There's nothing like them. The Bay looks lovely, and such a peaceful place for a walk. The sunrise photo is so pretty. I've never seen black Swans before, only white ones.

    I'm glad to hear all is well with you. We are doing good here too. I am still staying in as much as possible, and just going over Nel's once a week to visit with her and my grandchild. Although we are opening slowly in California, you won't see me going to restaurants or shopping too soon. Take care of yourself, my dear friend.

    ~Sheri

    *love the photo of William and the children. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheri, Black swans are an Australian specialty! The early European explorers were quite astonished when they found them. I am glad you are taking care and doing well, and love that you see a grandchild every week. How I would enjoy that :) Be safe ..

      Delete
  13. Long time, no blogging. I'm happy to catch up with you. I'm also happy to hear that the virus is being held at low numbers where you are. I'm in CA (USA) and unfortunately our numbers are going up again. I'm sure you've seen more news about things going on here than you need. We remain safe and sheltering at home throughout it all.
    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Darla, great to see you here. So sorry the numbers are going up in CA. I do watch for news from the US, and it is very concerning. There are 3,000 people in quarantine in Queensland alone, who have flown in from overseas. It is always possible there will be a flare up so we must be careful. So pleased you are safe and sheltering at home. We are so grateful for our little nest on the edge of the city, fresh air is so important. Take care.

      Delete
  14. What a beautiful post and beautiful photos!
    Take care of yourself and stay safe!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ela, glad you enjoyed and thank you for visiting. Be safe at your place too. Greetings.

      Delete
  15. Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend any other Beauty Write For Us blogs that go over the same topics? Thanks a ton!


    ReplyDelete
  16. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
    Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
    Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
    Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]

    ReplyDelete