Tuesday, August 7, 2018

LIFE IN THE PINK


Still dreaming of our trip on the Elbe..
Hi cows of Germany...


Now, where was I?
After the warmest July ever, the roses are happy..




Happy August, and will we see the Annual Westerly Winds which chill us to the bone each August, just before Springtime?

Well, I won't mind if we do, because Mr C bought me a beautiful pink wool coat before we went a-travelling, and it deserves to be worn.




Gustav Klimt
It did not take me long to fall under the spell of Gustav Klimt when in Vienna..

Enamel earrings from the Klimt shop, Vienna





Mr Cardinal is looking much better now, and thanks everybody for their kind wishes.  This week we will go for another X-ray, to be sure his hip fracture has healed.  Hopefully, he can then begin rehabilitation.



 Helping him keep up his strength...

In the meantime, I am taking him out for coffee at the local Village,
and he is working on his family history - and sometimes on mine..



Alfons Mucha

On our final day in Prague, we went on an Art Nouveau tour, which included the Mucha Museum.
Alfons Mucha (1860-1939) was a Czech Art Nouveau painter and decorative artist who produced many paintings, illustrations, postcards and designs.

I was naturall drawn to the prettiness of his Art Nouveau ladies, which resemble the illustrations in a book of fairy tales I had as a child.







The colours were beautiful but do not photograph well because they are kept in semi-darkness to preserve the delicate quality of these works on paper.

A short walk from the Mucha Museum, we toured the fabulous Smetana hall at the Municipal House, a beautiful historical venue for classical music concerts.
It was built as a tribute to Czech composer Bedrich Smetana.



The hall is a feast for the eye, with wonderful Art Nouveau detailing...












Surrounding the concert hall in the Municipal Building is a series of themed reception rooms,
showcasing Czech art, design, history and culture.


The coffee room..





























Municipal House is located on the site of a former Royal Court palace which was demolished in the early 20th century. Municipal House with Smetana Hall were designed by Osvald Polivka and opened in 1912.



If you should happen to find yourself in Prague, a little way behind Smetana Hall is the Hotel Pariz, which has a most elegant Art Deco cafe...



Since I began this post, the Westerly Winds have indeed arrived,
 and it will be 1 degree C. in the morning.

Keep warm, or cool, whatever your weather.

XXXXX


















27 comments:

  1. Oh it’s Summer...and it’s hot! Hahaha!
    You must gaze into your lovely flowers, and remember your beautiful trip...
    Glad to hear hubby is on the mend...
    I would welcome some cool Westerly winds..but...I’ll regret that in January! 😳
    Enjoy your week dear Patricia...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Linda, thank you - I hear the heat is quite something this year. Daughter is taking her boys swimming here there and everywhere! Never thought I'd welcome The Winds, but you have to take your cold where you can find it. Cheers P.

      Delete
  2. Wow, these photos are amazing! I have been to an art museum when I visit you. If someone served me fruit salad like yours, I think I would write a sonnet in its honor, or try to! Tell you hubby that, might make him chuckle and that is good for recovery. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sonnet to the fruit plate - now, there's a good idea! Glad you liked the photos, I think I have exhausted them all by now :) Prague sure was a feast for the eye.

      Delete
  3. Good news on the hip health, you and your husband must both feel so much better!
    That colourful fruit salad looks delicious...and I love the enamel earrings.
    Enjoyed seeing your rose...and the photos of your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct - although Mr C is still chair-bound, we are both feeling better as he heals, and no doubt the shock of it has dissipated. Looking forward to the next stage of recovery.. Glad you like my earrings, and being prone to excess I bought a second pair as well, Oh Dear...

      Delete
  4. Hi Patricia,so glad your hubby is coming along nicely. Wow you have been to so many beautiful places and seen so many beautiful things,thankyou for sharing with us my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to get your mate 'back' again - he was very miserable there for a while. We have been very privileged to have seen many beautiful places around the world, and we are very thankful. After we retire, it will be smaller trips around Australia. Glad you enjoyed xx

      Delete
  5. I have always been a great fan of the Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles - the paintings, the stain-glass, the architecture, and objet d'art. Years ago I was passionate about collecting silver, and pottery etc from those periods.
    Love your pretty Klimt earrings, and so pleased to learn that Mr. Cardinal is making such good progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such beautiful styles, and I loved them too, even when I was too young to know their names! Wonderful to think your were collecting pieces from those periods. I am happily wearing the Klimt earrings at every opportunity.

      Delete
  6. Very pleased to hear the patient is recovering. I envy you your trip to Prague it is a city on the top of my bucket list to visit. I love Smetana and would love to see his city and river.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope your go to Prague one day. It has been on my bucket list for years, and I was thrilled to finally go there. Of course, would love to return one day!

      Delete
  7. What beauty you saw in Prague, Patricia! Still, it sounds as if you are also happy to be home. Pleas please give my best to Mr Cardinal! Take care and keep well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Val, such great memories of beautiful Prague. Will pass on your message to the patient - X-ray today, so hopes for a good result.

      Delete
  8. Wow, Prague is beautiful with such charm and history! I may never get there, but now have an introduction to it, thanks to you, Trish!

    Glad Mr. C is mending nicely. Lunches and coffees do much good!🤗🎊

    As always, you have classy tastes. Love your earrings and pink jacket/light coat! Natures rose and wonders too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prague sure was a beautiful and fascinating place. The more we see, the more we know how many places are out there we will never get to either. Coffee seems to be the cure for the broken hip, he he, and pink jacket sends its regards.

      Delete

  9. Patricia, this is the second comment I sent, and tonight it finally went through. Sorry, this is frustrating, but at least I'm here now hahaha. What a pretty picture of the lake and the cows, and also the Pink rose. It's hard to believe that it's chilly with winds there, when it is sweltering heat here. August is one of the hottest months for us. I love your Pink wool coat, and the painting of the lady in Pink is sweet. Those are cute earrings also. How interesting to work on your family history. I've always been into genealogy; it fascinates me. Smetana Hall is grand, isn't it? What an interesting and unique pillow this is.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sheri, sorry about the comments, but so pleased you are here. It varies from day to day on Blogger. I loved that scene of the cows, just like a postcard. Pink wool coat may have had its last outing, because today Summer arrived - Bang, 30 degreesC! I thought Smetana hall was the best building we saw on our trip, and we saw a great many palaces and performance houses. The silk pillow captured my heart :)

      Delete
  10. I think you should go to Prague, I can absolutely imagine you there Val. The drama and colour and the design are so mind blowing - the mix of Medieval and Arts Nouveau and Deco kept me awake at night :) Freaky hot day here today, me no like this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Using our blogs as a record of trips away gives us permanence to our adventures!
    Your latest trip has stimulated by taste buds to see more of these wonderful old European countries.
    Reading your wonderful posts on the architecture, art and music fills my soul and I’m having a great time researching all sorts of possibilities!
    Sadly, my husbands chronic back pain is so debilitating we won’t be venturing too far afield but one can always dream!
    Ive found great inspiration in your postseason!
    Oh my gosh..... I adore the Klimt earrings they’re so gorgeous and likewise with your pretty pink coat💕
    Shane 😘xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Shane, I am glad you enjoyed the posts. It will be a record for me - as well as the 400 photos I am having printed to have a large album for my old age! So sorry re your husband's back, and I hope you can both enjoy some small trips and excursions. Perhaps not flying, but if so, bring him to Brisbane and we can find you some gentle activities :) We have another cold snap with winds - so a great excuse for the pink coat. yay. xxxx

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely post darling! So enjoyed it all! Hope your'e staying warm! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamera, it was a beautiful trip. Yes, keeping warm in the Winter chills! xx

      Delete
  14. I love the many shades of pink. And admire your energy - you've been busy!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amalia, thank you, we really needed a lot of energy on this trip. I think now we are a little bit flat, back to normal life :) x

      Delete
  15. You need to take extra care to ensure that your readers satta king understand that you aren't just some company looking to profit. You are, but they need to see you in a softer light.

    ReplyDelete