Sunday, October 14, 2018

THE WEDDING



Did I enjoy the Royal Wedding of Princess Eugenie to Jack Brooksbank?
You know I did...

It was charming, heart-warming, and beautifully organised.

Here's a run-down in case it was not broadcast in your neck of the woods:


Official Royal Wedding photo, Windsor Castle

The bride arrives..
in a gown of stunning simplicity, and startles us all by wearing
no veil.
And the reason was so interesting - she wanted to show her back, and the scar from eight-hour surgery for scoliosis when she was twelve.
The Princess is a keen supporter of the hospital and charities for this condition.


The Greville emerald tiara, on loan from her grandmother, the Queen, looked magnificent..
perfect for her, and the Autumnal themed decor..



So special to see the Duke of York help his daughter with her train..


The sewist in me loved the sculptural bustle and waterfall flounce at the back..


They look like a lovely couple, very much at ease together.



Most Royal weddings seem to take place during Spring.
It was beautiful to see the deep russet tones of Autumn this time.


How amazing were the steps of St. George's Chapel?




The Duchess of York in emerald green, Princess Beatrice in deep blue, and Mrs Brooksbank in Fall Floral.
Many of the guests wore Autumn hues...








The children were adorable, as always.
Can you spot Prince George, who seems to have become very confident, and Princess Charlotte, her own sweet self?



Princess Anne, the Princess Royal..


I don't know who these ladies are, but they are true to the seasonal spirit.


Kate, Sophie, Beatrice






It is widely reported that the Queen usually wears bright colours so that people can spot her in a crowd..
This time, the crowd were wearing the strong Autumn colours...


and Her Majesty wore an elegant and subtle pale blue and peach outfit.
In perfect contrast...





And for the evening party, another chic and stylish gown in rose gold by Zac Posen.


Harry and Meghan arrived in Sydney this morning for their two-week tour of Australia and the Pacific, and of course the Invictus Games.

I hope they had a chance for a good sleep on the 22 hour journey!

XXXX












26 comments:

  1. Beautiful wedding and photos and what a sweet reason for her to not wear a veil to cover her surgery scar. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the world loves a wedding! Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Did you know that Meghan is pregnant. I think you have shown more photos of the wedding than I have seen, but where was Camilla I ask!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lovely news, it was announced in Australia at the same time. It will make the tour more exciting for everyone! Camilla's absence did seem odd to me, as other arrangements can be changed with six months notice. However, it was a beautiful family occasion.

      Delete
  3. Camilla was at a children's school in Scotland. It was an incredibly windy day here in the UK on Friday, so it was lucky Eugenie wasn't wearing a veil. The littlest bridesmaid got blown over on the steps (but was all right!) cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, thank you. That wind was incredible indeed. A veil might well have blown right off into the sky! I noticed the little ones struggling on the steps - but they get right up as children do.

      Delete
  4. Oh thanks, Trish. I did not see the wedding and enjoy the roundup photos. I love the Greville emerald tiara! Looks beautiful! A fall wedding works very well in St George's Chapel. At Windsor many years ago, I regret not getting inside the Chapel It was a scheduled tour with too short of a duration, so we had to select the shortest line to see an exhibit -- St Mary's Dollhouse, which I didn't really wish to see. My choices would have been the chapel or Crown Jewels. But that's nit-picking I suppose. I have a great time in London and close by Windsor Castle overall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it would have been great to see inside St George's, a beautiful building. I have similar regrets about choices made while on tour in the past! We have never made it to Windsor at all - but I wish we had been. Maybe next time.

      Delete
  5. Loved the dress. Very elegant. Fall weddings are the prettiest. Loved your coverage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen. I agree, a very elegant dress, and one I hope goes down in royal fashion history. We don't see Fall here, as do not have the golden leaves - I imagine Fall weddings would have a charm all their own. We hope to go to Canada next September/October, to see it all.

      Delete
  6. Loved the Queen's outfit, what style in one's 90s! I worked out the naughty cousin would be Princess Anne's eldest grandchild, Savannah Phillips. I bet the whole family enjoyed hearing the news of the new baby for H&M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved every minute of it - took m a while to find it on Youtube but I saw most of it!
    Princess Eugenie look incredible - and her wedding gown was divine. How lovely that she elected not to wear a veil and the reasons behind that decision...supporting others with scoliosis whom she supports. She and Jack seamed so happy throughout the ceremony even though Jack looked quite nervous - who wouldn't be?!
    I saw Prince Andrew in a new light too - he was a great support to his daughter.
    LOVE Royal weddings - when's the next one and lets hope the BBC are on hand as it wasn't quite the same sitting up in bed late at night viewing on my iPad!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shane, glad you enjoyed it too. I was watching on my phone as well as TV, tried not to miss anything. It was all so beautiful, and I love Royal weddings too. We were hoping Beatrice might meet someone new at the wedding! She would make a pretty bride too. xxx

      Delete
  8. Princess Eugenie looks lovely, and I especially like the emerald tiara. Emerald is my birthstone, and it's beautiful to me. Her rose gold gown she wore to the evening party is stylish and elegant. I've always liked Fergie, ever since she was good friends with Diana back in the day.

    Have a splendid October weekend, Patricia.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those emeralds really are stunning, aren't they. What a great birthstone to have. I never saw a rose gold fabric before, and I thought it was just beautiful too. Like you, always had a soft spot for Fergie, because I think she was not helped at all back in those days, and was blamed for all that went wrong. Happy weekend Sheri.

      Delete
  9. I really enjoyed the photo's. Here in the U.S. we don't get all the news of the Royals In fact I had to stop and figure out how they all fit in the family. A lovely bride in any case

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darla, Even Mr Cardinal has trouble keeping up with all the royal family! Glad you enjoyed the pics, it was a pretty wedding. Prince Harry and Meghan are in Australia at the moment, and are very popular, with big crowds wherever they go.

      Delete
  10. The royal wedding was not broadcast over here and I really enjoyed your sharing it. Such a beautiful bride and the children are indeed adorable.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Amalia. Apparently the wedding was not broadcast in many places, but one Australian channel decided to do so. It was very attractive to see. xx

      Delete
  11. I would guess they had a good sleep sicne I am sure they travel first class! :) These are very good photos of the wedding. I liked the Queen's outfit and also I was very impressed by the cake, it looked as if it had been decorated in Victorian style, or am I misinterpreting what I think is the bottom tier, and really looking at a fancy type of cake stand? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jenny, I had another look at the cake, and it is difficult to tell if the bottom tier with their initials is cake or an artificial structure! The gold stand beneath is beautiful. I loved the russet colours on the cake too.

      Delete
  12. I do think that the Queen looks very nice in white and pale colours these days. Perhaps a bit nicer than the bright colours she often favours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Jenny, I thought this outfit so very lovely. I remember the bright yellow from Prince William's wedding, which I thought a bit harsh. And I like yellow!

      Delete
  13. Article marketing might remain a mystery to you until someone manages to shine a light on the industry. satta king Well, that's exactly what we're going to do in this article.

    ReplyDelete