Sunday, May 20, 2018

ROYAL WEDDING FEVER


Did you enjoy the Royal Wedding?

You know I did....


Even the Red Cardinal Garden of Neglect joined in, with a fabulous display by the Snow Bush..


Made a little Lemon and Elderflower cake.
Reader, it was delicious...and perfect for Wedding Watching on a Saturday night...


after we had spent the day at The Races.

By now you will have seen it all if you wish, but I am here to share my favourite parts of the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ...


St George's Chapel looked breathtaking with its white floral decor..




Meghan's dress was Perfection: the simple elegance I hoped she would wear.
Love that she chose Givenchy, who designed for Audrey Hepburn, and that the fashion house now has a British head designer.


Mother Doria is the sweetest lady, and looked as radiantly happy as her beautiful daughter...


We enjoyed the marriage ceremony very much, with its many and varied original and unique touches.



The choral 'Lord Bless you and Keep You' by John Rutter is one Mr C and I have sung with various choirs, and a lovely choice.


And the fantastic young cellist, Sheku Kenneh-Mason - Wow!


The Duke and Duchess of Sussex emerge from the Chapel..



Meghan has exquisite taste.  Queen Mary's Bandeau Tiara, not seen publicly since the early 1950s, was a brilliant choice.  I hope Meghan wears it again in the future.


The carriage ride.  And perfect weather.


Best pic seen so far of Doria's and Camilla's outfits.  
With a little Princess Charlotte on the side - cuteness itself.


Off to the party in Stella McCartney, another beautiful example of classic simplicity, adorned with Diana's aquamarine ring.  Well done, Harry.




Elderflower and Lemon Wedding Cake. 
 I wonder if they found time to enjoy a slice?


Have a great week

XXXXX




20 comments:

  1. Loved the music too. It was such a lovely ceremony. So glad the sun shone. I feel like the whole world needed this wedding. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed Jen, a refreshing and enjoyable ceremony and day. May they and the world find peace.

      Delete
  2. I’ve caught up with your posts now, Patricia. We’ve been away and I missed your Mother’s day post! I love your shoes! I also have difficult feet, so I know that concern well. I didn’t even know about the wedding until after the event. It looks as if it was a lovely ceremony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hello Val, and welcome home. Nothing worse than difficult feet, so time-consuming when new shoes are needed. It was a lovely and sweet wedding, very thoughtfully put together. Good luck to them, it is a hard gig!

      Delete
  3. Yes, yes, yes...I loved every minute of it!
    I feel a personal connection to this royal couple, after all, it is a British/American one! And guess what, when Richard and I first married (in 1983), I had the prettiest car, it was a Pontiac Firebird and it was the same light blue as the very expensive one that they drove away in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you loved it! Your Pontiac Firebird sounds totally glamorous, and I loved the pale blue one driver by Harry, matching Meghan's ring. Too gorgeous :)

      Delete
  4. T was having his op on the day of the wedding, so I wasn't really watching, but actually I thought of you! I knew you would be! I did read about the beautiful veil which I would like to see more of, and a friend told me about that. The cake sounds much nicer than the usual stodgy kind of wedding cake. Although traditionally people are supposed to save a piece, aren't they? I guess they just had to eat it this time. Thanks for your nice post of edited highlights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny for thinking of me, that is sweet of you. I would also love to see more detail of the veil. The idea of it reminds me of the Queen's wedding or Coronation dress, which had flowers of the Empire. The cake did look simple and gorgeous and I bet tasted dreamy. I remember William and Kate also had a buttercream type cake, not one you could keep forever like fruit cake. Guess that has gone out of vogue these days. Glad you enjoyed my favourite pictures of the day.

      Delete
  5. Hi Trish i did enjoy the wedding Megan was so beautiful and Harry so dashing what a wonderful couple,i enjoyed your pics today on your post,hope you have a lovely evening my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you also enjoyed it. Did you see them at the Garden Party? Extra points for wearing pink, and so stylish!

      Delete
  6. I loved the wedding too and thought that Meaghan looked radiant and lovely...I particularly liked the simple flowers that she carried...and the children all looked fabulous!
    The cake sounded tasty...and yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meghan did indeed look radiant, and they do look so happy together. Her flowers actually made me think of you: the fresh white with light green tones remind me of your gorgeous hydrangeas (I forget their name).
      Our cake was delicious, but very rich. I froze half of it and gave some to my trainer - just to let her know I was mindful :)

      Delete
  7. Trish, you have a wonderful wrap up of what we hope is the start of a happy union. I love to compare the wedding baker's cake to the one and I baked at home on different continents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The royal wedding was fantastic. I hope that they'll be very happy together.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I commented earlier, Patricia. Let's see if this one goes through. I didn't watch all of the Royal wedding, but I did see the highlights of it on tv. It was lovely. I like the color that the mother chose to wear, such a lovely shade of green.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Patricia
    I love your thoughts of Harry and Meghan’s wedding!
    It was a joyous celebration for them both and the marriage of Church of England and American Episcopalians traditions.
    Her choice of Givenchy spoke volumes to me! Exquisitely simple. Queen Mary,s bandeau was the perfect choice for her beautiful veil!
    What a dignified person her mother Doria is and I loved her ensemble - she brought tears to my eyes😘 Shall I tell you that my husband and I were glued to the Tv all day as !
    Loved your post and will now catch up on your OE adventures!
    Shane xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shane, lovely to see your name pop up. Love to know you enjoyed the wedding as much as I did, and yes loving the Givenchy and the choice of tiara. Doria is fabulous, what an elegant look and perfect composure. I do hope you enjoy our little European tour - we had the best time ever! Much love and I hope all is well over there and you are not freezing too much in Winter. xxxx

      Delete