The clear blue skies of Autumn are just heavenly ...
and a creek rippling over rocks and pepples is pretty special too.
I love my daily walks at this time of the year.
A special treat - from I to moi - arrived in the post today ...
A much-coveted Hermes scarf, in my favourite colours.
Just the thing to drape over my somewhat assymetrical decolletage!
At last, dear readers, I finished making the yellow shirt, after a kind friend came around and cut it out for me.
Sheer fabric is murder to sew. Why don't I learn that?
I was unable to use my serger as the edge showed through the fabric,
so I had to make French seams and flat seams, and do quite a lot of hand stitching. I daresay it was a good exercise in the basics of dressmaking, but it was very time-consuming, and by now I am so over it I am not particularly interested in wearing it! Fickle woman that I am ...
It is just on a year since I went public with this blog,
and an interesting journey it has been.
Blogging has become quite an addiction - and, for me, a therapeutic way to count my blessings and focus on life's gentle pleasures.
I have loved communicating with other bloggers, particularly those from overseas - and am always thrilled to find a comment or two.
With just 20 followers, I like to think this is a Boutique Blog!
Excitement today: the delightful Valerie of Valerie's Own Sewing Blog
has given me a Leibster Award, for blogs with less than 200 followers:
Liebster is a German word meaning dearest.
Thank you Valerie, that is so sweet of you, and much appreciated!
The Award comes with rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you2. Link back to the blogger who nominated you
3. Copy and paste the blog award on to your blog
4. Nominate and pass on the award to FIVE other bloggers who have less than 200 followers
5. Let them know the happy tidings by posting on their blog
Now, I am not sure I can do all this, particularly making the links, but I am going to give it my best.
Not to push my luck I am going to nominate just two lovely blogs for a Liebster Award:
1. The Silver Bunny, who writes new blog with a French flavour which never fails to delight, The Silver Bunny
2. Suzy of Rustic Vintage Country, who posts gorgeous photos of her rambles through the English countryside, and is a superb crafter too.
Do pop over and check out these lovely blogs - you won't be disappointed!
Hope the weekend is Excellent for you ...