Tuesday, October 18, 2011

HELLO/BONJOUR

Hi/Bonjour, as the locals say.  I have made it to Ottawa, after a leisurely 3-day trip across the world.

Fall is absolutely beautiful and I can't stop taking photos of its golden gorgeousness:



I flew via Vancouver - and found some interesting Air Terminal Sculpture:


Rocks masquerading as luggage - bringing a smile to the travel weary!



View from the Airport Hotel window -
I love a snow-capped mountain peak glistening in the sunlight, don't you?



Pretty red apples dropped from the tree - small and unwanted!


The Other Grandmama made this hot ham and pineapple dish,
with a thick pineapple sauce accompaniment.
It was delicious!
I wonder did the pineapple come from Queensland?

It was Canadian Thanksgiving last week, and will be Halloween next week.
The house decorations are so cute and pretty:


I am told it is a rare thing to see a Red Cardinal flying about the place.
Like a lot of Australian native birds, I guess.
However, look at this letterbox:



Will I see a cardinal or a blue-jay today?
Fingers crossed...







1 comment:

  1. So lovely to hear from you Patricia and even though I don't eat pork that ham dish looks delish!
    Looking forward to updates and pretty pics.
    Are you very tired from the journey?
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete