Saturday, July 30, 2011

ZARA'S LOVELY WEDDING DAY


Zara was a happy bride (I'm still worried about Charlene here)
I love the elegant simplicity of her dress,
and the beautiful construction.
Look at the detailed seaming around the waist and the perfect pleating...
wish I could sew like that.

I like her Art Deco tiara, so went searching to find its origins.
The Greek Key tiara belonged to the mother of Zara's grandfather, Prince Philip.
She was Princess Alice of Battenberg, a great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria.
Princess Alice gave it to the present Queen, as a wedding gift when she married Prince Philip.
The Queen passed it on to Princess Anne, Zara's mother, in 1972.
I guess Princess Anne has now gifted it to Zara -
have we ever seen her wearing a tiara before??


All the Royals frocked up well, and I don't think anyone wore tartan.
Kate can do no wrong these days.
Look at her wonderful hat:

It reminds me of another very famous and elegant hat from fashion history:

Who could forget the delightful Audrey Hepburn,
off to Ascot in the film version of My Fair Lady.
Not me, for one.

Time for some garden action today.






No comments:

Post a Comment